Every alpine climber searches for the delicate balance between moving light and fast while staying warm and dry. So Patagonia designed the micro-grid fleece interior of their Capilene® Thermal Weight to provide the greatest warmth combined with the greatest breathability of any baselayer in their lineup. Soft, stretchy and compressible, Polartec® Power Grid™ fabric has a smooth face that glides beneath layers and a brushed fleece interior to warm your core, wick moisture and feel smooth against your skin. This fabric also has 30–92% recycled content and is treated with Polygiene® permanent odor control. Product features include a self-fabric backing on the collar that provides added comfort and a locker loop that lets you hang it to dry, a long center-front zipper for venting, full underarm gussets for unhindered shoulder mobility, elastic thumb loops to help cover your hands, flatlock seams that minimize chafing, offset shoulder and side seams that lie smoothly beneath pack straps, and a drop tail for additional coverage.
- Polartec® Power Grid™ fabric with Polygiene® permanent odor control has a smooth face for easy layering; fabric’s open-grid pattern next to skin provides superior warmth, breathability and moisture-wicking performance; spandex for stretch and ease of movement. Fair Trade Certified™ sewing
- Self-fabric backing on collar with internal neck tape for comfort; locker loop for hang drying
- Offset shoulder seams eliminate chafing under pack straps
- Long center-front zipper vents body heat and is backed by kissing welts for low-bulk comfort next to skin
- Full underarm gusset for range of motion and chafe-free comfort
- Elastic thumb loops help cover hands
- Flatlock seams minimize chafing; drop tail for increased coverage
- 139 g (4.9 oz)
3.8-oz (129-g) Polartec® Power Grid™ fabric.
Solids: 92% recycled polyester/8% spandex; heathers: 92% polyester (30% recycled)/8% spandex; both with Polygiene® permanent odor control.
Fair Trade Certified™ sewing.
Fabric is certified as bluesign® approved